Things that are Goods
February 29, 2008
Posted by on
Rachel tagged me to tell you about seven things I think are Goods, which was a lovely surprise. Bagelmouse pwns the interweb! No, really, what with the Brockley Central thing it’s like the interweb has suddenly become my friend. Which makes me all ‘awww’.
Anyway. Seven things I think are positive. This has taken a while to come up with… some may say this is because I’m a miserable bastard who can’t see the positive in anything; I would reply that I just wanted to make sure I did it very very well. And shuttup.
1. Blood donation. More on this to come in the future, I hope
2. Lost in Translation
3. Unexpected classical music in public spaces
4. Egg custard tarts
5. People who prefer rational sense over indignant flaming (for example) (and another example)
6. Slovenia. Yes, the whole country.
7. Crockatt and Powell. I’m a bit surprised to find myself listing a shop (or rather, two people who run a bookshop) in a list of Good Things, but their enthusiasm (and sarcasm) is infectious, and the best books I’ve read recently have been books I’ve found only through them. Right now? Ghost Map, by Steven Johnson. I think I’m going to have a longer post on these things some time in the future. Argh, too many posts in my head, not enough time to sit here and spaf them out…
Consider yourselves tagged: Kate, Nick, Will, Jamie, Pearly Will for the re-animated Pearlyblog (mebbe), Pete, and Ant. Or Helen. Neither of whom will actually do it. Probably because they have lives.